Frequently Asked Questions
If you have people working on your IT (in house office staff or outsourced IT) that are not qualified, not available when you need them, don’t fix issues correctly the 1st time or things just don’t seem to be working right then you need a team of IT experts like T. Daniels Consulting that has:
- Experience: Not only have we been providing the highest level of professional IT support services for the past 25 years, our engineers have an average of 10+ years’ experience.
- Certified: We’re the area’s only Microsoft Silver Cloud Solutions and WatchGuardONE Silver Partner dedicated to providing IT Services to Small and Medium-sized organizations throughout Mid and Southeastern Michigan.
- Responsive: We make YOUR urgent issue a priority on our schedule.
- 5 Star Support: At T. Daniels Consulting, we don't settle for "good enough"; excellence is what we achieve. Our 5 Star Support refers to a meticulous approach to service excellence for every client. We rely on our experience and documentation to resolve any issue, correctly, the first time.
- Dedicated to Small to Medium-Sized Organizations: We exclusively serve small to medium-sized organizations (SMB) and understand your specific needs and challenges. With a lengthy history of working with SMBs, the T. Daniels Consulting team are SMB and technology subject matter experts and a trusted partner to answer your questions, suggest best practices, bring new ideas, and make recommendations to help align technology to your business goals.
- Single Person Support Companies: Don’t get us wrong, there are definitely industries where having a one person business is just fine and works for the clientele. IT support is not one of them. Technology runs 24/7 and inevitable issues have the same schedule. You need a team of dedicated personnel that are able to support you 24/7/365.
- Treat IT like a hobby and not a business: We all know someone that is good with computers and likes to tinker with all the new gadgets that come out. That is a hobby. This is not the person you want to rely on to manage and support your IT systems. You need an experienced team whose focus every day is delivering industry leading technology support and services to businesses like yours.
- Uncertified and Unaccredited: Just like other professions such as doctors, lawyers and teachers, you want to work with an IT team that is accredited and continues to learn and maintain certifications throughout their careers. Technology is most certainly one industry that is rapidly evolving and you deserve an IT partner that stays ahead of the curve and educated on all the changes.
- Only offer “one size fits all” support and services: Sure, it’s easier to go into business and deliver a set stack of technology solutions. The issue is that no two businesses are the same. Just like if you were to go to a gym and work with a fitness trainer to lose weight. The exercise and nutrition plan they develop is tailored specifically for you to meet your objectives and goals. IT is the same. You need to have an IT provider that works to understand your company’s strategic goals and objectives and implements the right technology tools and services to meet your very specific needs.
Do your users complain of PC slowness, missing files or data, and dropping internet connections? These are just some of the signs your current environment is not working correctly and can cause business interruptions and loss of productivity.
The worst time to find out that an IT vendor is not delivering the services they committed to is when you actually need them.
With T. Daniels Consulting, you never have to worry. We start with providing a monthly detailed report that shows an overall health score of your network and the updates to your antivirus, security settings, patches including third party like Adobe Reader, Java, Flash, etc.
We also conduct quarterly review meetings with you to look for new ways to help improve your operations, lower costs, increase efficiencies, and resolve any problems that may be arising. Our goal with these proactive meetings is to help you become more profitable, efficient, and competitive. It also provides you with an additional opportunity to give us feedback on our performance in supporting your business needs.
Definitely. We know that there is nothing more frustrating than needing support and having to leave a message or deal with a call center where there is no easy way to access a live person while being stuck in a never ending call queue. At T. Daniels Consulting, we answer our phones live during business hours: Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. We also have emergency after business hours support options. If the need arises and you call our afterhours support number, your issue is dispatched to one of our own engineers for remediation.
Day or night, we maintain an average response time of 60 minutes or less. In the event there is some type of catastrophic event that impacts an unusually high percent of our customer base (and everyone else’s) priority is always given to customers based on selected support agreement.
The simple answer is, you. One among the many benefits of leveraging the cadre of Microsoft cloud solutions is that they are governed by strict standards related to data ownership and privacy. You have will have 24/7 access to your data and at the end of any hosting service, Microsoft will retain your data for 90 days which is more than sufficient to plan for and execute on a data migration plan.
No. All of the T. Daniels Consulting team members are based in the U.S.
Absolutely! As a service delivery standard, you will receive this documentation during our quarterly review meetings as well as it is available anytime you request it. We will make sure you understand the information and know how to use it, giving you complete control over your network.
You should NEVER allow an outsourced IT person to have full control over you and your company. YOU own the company information. If you get the sneaking suspicion that your current IT person is withholding data from you as a means of job security, get rid of them (and we can help to make sure you don’t suffer any ill effects). That practice is downright unethical and dangerous to your organization, so don’t tolerate it!
Switching to a professional Managed Service Provider firm, like T. Daniels Consulting, to manage and maintain your technology is not a process that should be taken lightly. At T. Daniels Consulting, we start with an extensive business and technology assessment to determine how technology is currently being used and the steps required to ensure a smooth transition. We have documented procedures we follow for gathering information, identifying potential issues, planning your transition, resolving issues, and training users; these processes ensure a smooth, efficient, and pain-free transition.